Online learning will be a $275 billion business in just 5 years. Every year it grows by a whopping 7.5%. No wonder online yoga courses are popping up all over.
That’s the good news. It’s also the not-so-good news.
Competition means that there are lots of potential students, but it also means you have to stand out in a crowded market-place. Finding a niche idea for your online yoga course is vital, and the best way to create a unique and distinctive course in the expanding online yoga world is to focus on learning, not just selling.
It really is that simple. Give your students un-effin-believable learning experience, and I promise, you will stand out in a sea of mediocrity (and there’s some real $h*t that is out there.).
Imagine it: all those yogis out there selling their hearts out. But you are not like every other yoga teacher. Hell no! You create an online course that guarantees results. Your students are transformed, and your online course shines above all the others.
The irony is that by focusing on learning, you stand out and actually sell more. Bam!
A 4-Step Method to Guarantee Results
The secret to standing out among all the online yoga courses is simple, and implementing it can be easy, too.
My 4-step method gets you laser-focused on the specific actions students will be able to take as a result of the course.
If you can’t say how students will act as a result of what they’ve learned, your course will be chock full of information but it won’t actually teach anything. Most online yoga teachers make this mistake and end up with a course that’s sorta “meh.”
Let me break down the formula you should use to create a course that guarantees results for your students.
Get the worksheet to use the formula for your course.
Write down what you want students to learn.
Using the example of a course about The Yoga of the Ramayana:
- They will learn about the meanings of the characters of the Ramayana.
- They will understand how Hanuman’s strength can help them in their life.
- They will learn how to use the stories in the Ramayana in their life and in their yoga practice.
Eliminate “learn,” “understand,” or “know.”
Using the same example of a course about The Yoga of the Ramayana:
- the meanings of the characters of the Ramayana
- how Hanuman’s strength can help them in their life
- how to use the stories in the Ramayana in their life and in their yoga practice
Identify the verb that shows the action of the student using the information.
Using the example of a course on The Yoga of the Ramayana:
- Describe the meanings of the characters of the Ramayana
- Apply the lessons of Hanuman’s strength in your life
- Use the stories in the Ramayana in your life and yoga practice
For this, you will get very specific and add a parameter of either a time frame or an amount of times to do the action. It helps if you start with the phrase, “At the end of the course, students will be able to….”
Using the example of a course on Yoga of Ramayana:
- Practice sun salutations with the intention of embodying the qualities of one mythical character from the Ramayana
- Use one lesson from Hanuman’s search to help work through a challenge in your
- Create a collage reflecting how Ram’s search for Sita has meaning for your life.
Now you are ready to start building a course that guarantees students will get real, tangible results that make a difference in their lives!
Follow these steps and you will stand out from all the mediocre online yoga courses. Download your worksheet now to get started.